Beef Massaman Curry with Lavosh
7 June 2018
Prep time 20 minutes
Cooking time 1 hour 25 minutes
3 Tbsps olive oil
1 kg beef chuck steak, cut into large pieces
400ml coconut cream
1/3 cup Massaman curry paste
1 onion, roughly chopped
500ml chicken or beef stock
3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into thirds
100g sugar snap peas, trimmed
1/3 cup chopped peanuts to serve
Coriander sprigs to serve
1 red chilli, finely chopped to serve
Brown rice to serve
Your favourite Kurrajong Kitchen Lavosh
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frypan over medium high heat. Sear beef pieces for 1-2 minutes each side. Set aside.
2. Heat a large saucepan to medium high heat with remaining oil. Add 2 tablespoons of the coconut cream. Cook for 30 seconds or till split, add curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add onions and stir for 1 minute.
3. Add beef pieces and any juices to saucepan and stir to combine. Add stock and coconut cream and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Add potatoes and cook for a further 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add sugar peas and cook for 1 minute till tender.
5. Sprinkle with peanuts, coriander and chilli. Serve with brown rice and your favourite Kurrajong Kitchen Lavosh.