Carrot and Hummus Dip
8 December 2016
Step by Step instructions
Prep time 20 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
Your favourite Kurrajong Kitchen Lavosh
500g carrots, peeled & sliced
4 cloves garlic, skin on
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
1 tsp cumin seeds
Sea salt & cracked pepper
1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
Chopped peeled pistachios
- Preheat oven to 180°c fan forced. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place carrots and garlic onto prepared tray and drizzle with half the olive oil, cumin seeds, sea salt and cracked pepper. Roast for 35-40mins till carrots are tender, turn once after 25mins and remove the garlic and set aside.
- In a bowl of a food processor add roasted carrots.
- Squeeze garlic from skins add to carrots.
- Process in short bursts till very smooth, add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of water if too thick, process till smooth.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with pistachios and micro herbs.
- Serve with your favourite Kurrajong Kitchen Lavosh