19 July 2018
Prep time – 15 minutes
Cooking time- 25 minutes
2 Tbsps olive oil
1 leek, washed and chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
200g prosciutto, sliced
2 medium carrots, finely chopped
2 sticks celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup small pasta – such as macaroni
700ml tomato passata
1.5 chicken stock or water
100g green beans, sliced
Basil leaves to serve
Your favourite Kurrajong Kitchen Lavosh to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat, add leek and cook for 4-5 minutes till softened, add garlic and half the prosciutto and cook for 2 minutes. Add carrots, celery and cook for 3-4 minutes till softened.
- Add passata, stock or water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes till carrots are tender. Reduce heat to medium, add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes till tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick frypan over medium heat and cook remaining prosciutto till crispy, set aside.
- Add beans and cook for 1-2 minutes, season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Serve with crispy prosciutto, basil leaves, Kurrajong Kitchen Lavosh as croutons.
- Tomato passsta is a blended tomato sauce, use canned tomatoes chopped as an alternative.